[mapserver-users] SLD Enabled flag for WMS

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 29 16:51:54 EDT 2009

Liz Godwin wrote:
> I saw in the WMS Server documents online, that there is a flag -
> "ows_sld_enabled".  I have tried it, and it doesn't seem to work.  It
> doesn't look like it should yet, but I wanted to confirm I'm not going mad.
>
> My my expectations stem from reading bug #1395
> <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1395> which details the
> implementation.
>
> The history.txt file modified with the update seems to suggest it was
> included after the 5.4.0 beta.  However the bug milestone is set for
> 6.0.  Also, the online docs already show it - so it's not clear to me if
> it's actually implemented in 5.4.1.
>
> Can someone clarify if it's current functionality or if it's in the
> trunk waiting for 6.0?

Hi Liz,

It is only available in the trunk that would be released as 5.6 (or 6.0)
sometime this fall
The 5.4 branch was created just after the 5.4.0 betas (before actually
the 5.4.0 release), and that would explain the history file entries.
I will check for the docs and update it accrdingly.

regards,

> Thanks!
>
> Liz Eidsness

Assefa Yewondwossen