[mapserver-users] How to enter the projected coordinates in Postgis

Suman Chatterjee schatterjee at addisontx.gov
Thu Jul 30 10:57:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have created 2 tables in postGIS and POSTGreSQL  - in one, I am
storing the GPS coordinates which are in the form of say lat= 32.4 and
longitude = 72.45 ( which are in degrees) with SRID 2276

And in another I am capturing the user defined points from a projected
map in mapserver. So here the points are having the projected
coordinates like 2479589   7037631.  The projection of the map has
epsg=2276

Now I want to find the distance between the GPS points and the user
defined point. For that I require the projected coordinates for both.

So how can I store the projected coordinates of the GPS points in the
table? Is there any function for that?

Any help will be great!

Thanks

Suman

This e-mail and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains Information that is confidential and privileged. This document may contain Protected Health Information (PHI) or other information that is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please delete it and notify Hamid Khaleghipour at 972-450-2868 immediately. Thank you.