[mapserver-users] Importing a Google/Yahoo maps raster layer

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Mon Jun 1 05:15:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

Thank you for your clarification. So, I would need the client-side to
support google/yahoo layers and mapserver would run to feed just its
specific layers.
Interesting.

Anyway, do you know any other projects that offer (with an open license)
access to raster satellite/aerial imagery that can be integrated with
mapserver?

Regards,
Adrian Popa

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Terms and conditions of these services do not allow cascading
> Google/Yahoo maps through Mapserver.  However, it is allowed to let the
> mapping client to make this integration. One example I found from my
> bookmarks is here:
>
> http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=5&lat=64.45292&lon=30&layers=B000TFFF
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen
>
> Adrian Popa wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's been disscussed on the list already or
>> not, but I wanted to ask if it's possible to integrate
>> mapserver (and starting with which version?) with Google/Yahoo maps.
>> I would like to display the raster (satellite) images from
>> google/yahoo as a layer in the map. The thing is - I don't
>> want to store the actual raster data on my server - but to
>> make requests to google/yahoo on the fly.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Adrian Popa

---
Adrian Popa
NOC Division
Network Engineer
Divizia Centrul National de Operare Retea
Departament Transport IP & Metro
Compartiment IP Core & Backbone
Phone: +40 21 400 3099