[mapserver-users] labeling streets

Raivo Alla snaperski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 01:50:36 EDT 2009

Thank You,

so it should be, but somehow in my case it does not work properly.
When i have no declaration of MINFEATURESIZE, then the picture looks fine:
http://picasaweb.google.com/snaperski/Ort#5345194219497220482
But when I add MINFEATURESIZE AUTO, most labels just disappear, even
if they have enough space to fit in:
http://picasaweb.google.com/snaperski/Ort#5345195269825705586

And those labeled straight streets contain only one feature (line
feature) each - so the label should fit in decently.

Label is declared this way:
		LABEL
			TYPE truetype
			ANTIALIAS true
			FONT "arial"
			COLOR 240 240 240
			OUTLINECOLOR 52 52 52
			SIZE 9
			force false
			MINDISTANCE 250
			MINFEATURESIZE auto
			ANGLE follow
			POSITION cc
			BUFFER 1
		END

Changing FORCE or POSITION parameters didnt help either....

Raivo