[mapserver-users] Major MapServer Performance Problem on SunSolaris 10 64bit

Nolte, Tim Tim.Nolte at ipcswirelessinc.com
Fri Jun 12 12:28:04 EDT 2009

John,

I am very glad that you have brought this up. We are currently running
our MapServer on Solaris 10 x86 and I believe we are running it as 32bit
but I can't actually say for sure, I just used standard compile
instructions. We're running on two 3GHz Xeons. I have had many
complaints concerning the performance of the server and haven't even
considered that MapServer might be the culprit. We have both shapefile
and Oracle Spatial data sources. We've always had the server running
under Solaris 10 x86 so haven't even compared it to running under a
different OS. I am very interested to hear any feedback on this subject
as I may have to look at moving to Linux as my OS to get the performance
gains I need.

- Tim

----
Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com