[mapserver-users] coloring features on the basis of query

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:54:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to implement something called "Find Feature" on a map. The user
will select parameters for a query which will be executed on the DB and the
DB will return some geometry's.
For eg, the query could be like " Select the_geom from india_state where
pop_tot01 > 1000000"
Now I need to know the  following:
1) What data type to use for collecting geometry returned by the above sql
query?
2) The above query will return geometry of some states.As similar query will
return geometry of some districts. For these states and districts I need to
give a different color with a Label like population > 1000000.How can I do
this dynamically?
3) The coloring and labeling will be temporary and will change with every
query that is fired at the database.

Thanks for ur replies