[mapserver-users] How to use NQUERY to identify features at a point?

Arjen de Korte arjendk at gmx.net
Mon Mar 2 05:50:41 EST 2009

Dear Mapserver users,

I would like to use a Mapserver NQUERY to identify features at a point
on a map. I am now calling the following url using AJAX (I have defined
XML templates in my mapfile to get an XML result):

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=my.map&mode=nquery&imgxy=45+246&layers=points&mapext=1.335555+51.285252+5.678991+55.101323&mapsize=594+522

I am getting a result, but Mapserver returns ALL features in the given
bounding box (mapext), while I would like to get the features around the
point given in imgxy (within the tolerance as defined in the mapfile). I
have also tried this with mapxy and map coordinates instead of imgxy,
but this gives the same results.

My Mapserver version is 5.0.0.

Could someone instruct me on the correct usage of NQUERY in this case?

Thank you, kind regards,

Arjen.