[mapserver-users] $_SESSION variable substitution

Greg Luker gluker at scu.edu.au
Wed Mar 4 22:25:32 EST 2009

Hi mapserver-users,

I would like to use a $_SESSION variable in a mapfile FILTER
statement. I have tried variations of:

(in calling HTML template):

<input type="hidden" name="myvar" value="<?php echo $_SESSION['user']; ?>">

(in mapfile):

FILTER "WHERE site_last_survey_who = '%myvar%'"

but I can't get it to work - in this case the browser displays the
WEB ERROR "errors.html" webpage and mapserver puts the following
error in mapserver.log:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'pts'.
msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. Syntax error, 2 extra tokens

Is it possible to do what I want? (BTW CGI mapserver v5.2)

Thanks,
Greg.

Greg Luker
GIS Lab Manager, Southern Cross University
Lismore, AUSTRALIA.
gluker at scu.edu.au
phone 61 2 66203026