[mapserver-users] $_SESSION variable substitution

Greg Luker gluker at scu.edu.au
Wed Mar 4 23:38:07 EST 2009

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your answer.

At 01:17 PM 5/03/2009, Steve W wrote:

>It might help more to explain why you think you need to do this, and
>people might be able to offer other ways to do something similar.

The application I'm building involves access to culturally sensitive
information, that only logged in users should have access to - so url
substitution is not an option.
I am not a php programmer, so php/mapscript is not an (easy) option.
(nor are any other mapscript flavours)
The user account management part is already written (by someone else)
in php, so I have access to $_SESSION, and cookies if that is a
viable alternative.
I'm absolutely open to any suggestions to achieve my goal of
username/password restricted access to a mapserver map showing
culturally sensitive points derived from a MySQL database.

Thanks,
Greg.

Greg Luker
GIS Lab Manager, Southern Cross University
Lismore, AUSTRALIA.
gluker at scu.edu.au
phone 61 2 66203026