[mapserver-users] java-mapscript-zoomrectangle problem

Ahmet Temiz temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Thu Mar 5 13:30:56 EST 2009

hello

I am using java-mapscript.

Upon using zoomrectangle, I encounter an exception.
I followed this procedure:

~~~~~~~~~~
rectObj imgrect =new rectObj(           // to guarantee minx and miny
  (minxx<maxx) ? minxx : maxx,
  (miny<maxy) ? miny : maxy,
  (minxx<maxx) ? maxx : minxx,
  (miny<maxy) ? maxy : miny,
                         0
        );
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
checking x,y values. They give these results and look normal:

imgrect.getMiny()   305.0
imgrect.getMaxy()   397.0
map0.getExtent().getMiny  4524960.0
map0.getExtent().getMaxy  4648490.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
exception arises here:

map0.zoomRectangle(imgrect, 500, 500, map0.getExtent(), or_ext);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here is the exception

Mar 5, 2009 3:21:33 PM org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxViewRoot processEvents
SEVERE: Error processing faces event for the component harita:zoomrect_maxy
javax.faces.event.AbortProcessingException: /bir.jsp(222,20)
'#{haritaBean1.valueChangeListener_rect_maxY}' java.lang.UnknownError:
mapscript::mapObj::zoomRectangle(): General error message. image rectangle
maxy >= miny

Although I had checked maxy >= miny condition
I don't understand why this exception occurs.

regards

Ahmet Temiz

believed to be clean.