[mapserver-users] AGG/PNG driver problem

kmanoj-pg7 kmanoj-pg7 kmanoj-pg7 at iiitmk.ac.in
Fri Mar 6 05:28:10 EST 2009

Dear users,

I need some help with mapserver and AGG support. I  am trying to use AGG/PNG
outformat in the mapfile as well as i added precisely. When i call the link
through browser

i recieved the following error

*loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause references
driver AGG/PNG, but this driver isn't configured. *

It is clearly evident that from the error, the driver is not configured.
since all the mapserver version 5 suppotrs AGG rendering backend, so i
checked whether mapserver supports AGG or not.

[kapil at localhost cgi-bin]$ mapserv -v
MapServer version 5.0.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=MYGIS INPUT=SHAPEFILE
[kapil at localhost cgi-bin]$

I found that my mapserver doesn't support AGG means SUPPORTS = AGG is
missing in the above output.  But i have already  installed AGG in my
system. In order to clear this issue i gone through many threads in our
mapserver forum, but i was not satisfied with the answers. Atlast i came to
know that, i have to recompile the mapserver with AGG. But the problem now i
am facing is i have installed both the mapserver and AGG through YUM INSTALL
command so *i* *dont know how to recompile mapserver with AGG support.

*Currently i am using mapserver 5.0.3 , AGG 2.5-6 on fedora 9

please somebody help me out .....  its little urgent guys....

Thanks,
kapilmanoj
*
*