[mapserver-users] Re: [mapserver-dev] LABEL OUTLINEWIDTH - works or not?

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:42:21 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 15:58, S. Constantinescu
<sconstatinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody, I need to find out if LABEL OUTLINEWIDTH is implemented or NOT,
> and if it is, how can I test if it's working. Source files show it is, but
> using the AGG renderer doesn't appear to modify the 1px width of the halo
> around the label. Versions used: 5.2.1,  5.4.0b2. System, OS X 10.5.2. Also,
> if it's supposed to work, can it be set just via the *.map file or it works
> just via mapscript. 5.2 docs say it should work. 5.4 says it's supposed to
> be implemented in 5.4.

It is supposed to work from the mapfile

> OUTPUTFORMAT
>  DRIVER AGG/PNG
> END
>

> LAYER
> TYPE ANNOTATION
>  CLASS
>  EXPRESSION "1"
>  LABEL
>   COLOR 0 0 0
>   OUTLINECOLOR 255 119 51
>   OUTLINEWIDTH 5
>   TYPE TRUETYPE
>   FONT myFont
>   SIZE 8
>   ANTIALIAS True
> END # label
> END # class

All seems file from the mapfile syntx point of view. Are you sure the
images you are seeing have been generated with the AGG driver? Can you
post a sample image of what you're getting (preferably with more than
just the labels to see if it's GD or AGG kicking in)

regards,
thomas