[mapserver-users] display road data properly

new2ms4w nagal005 at umn.edu
Wed Mar 11 01:11:06 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm using road data from the US census bureau website to display the maps
and keep the moving objects on them. It basically shows up as follows.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2459780/badroad1.jpg

What should I do to display the road data in a professional way like this:

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2459780/agg_test2.png

Can someone give me some advice. I want the road data to be shown more
realistically like in google maps/yahoo maps.

Thank you for your time.
-pn

P.S. I found the second image in an old post here.
http://n2.nabble.com/Google-ish-cartography.-td1994879.html