[mapserver-users] OGR connection failure (with mysql log)

Juni Adi skiper at infojawa.org
Thu Mar 12 04:36:34 EDT 2009

Hello,
I'm still struggling to connect mapscript to MySQL using OGR direct
connection here.
I've been logging mysql query to myslLOG.log.

The ogrinfo successfull connection from commandline:
[root at server]# su -fm apache
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
[apache at server]$ /usr/bin/ogrinfo base.ovf
ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `/home/infojawa/maps_data/jawa/base.ovf'
      using driver `VRT' successful.
1: base

mysqlLOG.log says:
 26 Connect     root at localhost on mapserver
                     26 Query       SHOW KEYS FROM `base`
                     26 Field List  base

now when I access the web,
*Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msOGRFileOpen(): Open failed for OGR
connection in layer `base'. Failed to open datasource
`MySQL:mapserver,user=xxxx,password=xxxx,tables=base'. in
*/home/infojawa/maps/jawa.inc.php* on line *552*

mysqlLOG.log doesn't say anytihing at all. Seems like mapscript/OGR
never did any connection to mysql server.

Does anyone ever find similar problem?Any idea will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Junek

PS: I have rebuilt gdal/ogr again, --with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql_config
--with-unixODBC-includes --with-unixODBC-libs