[mapserver-users] Label encoding

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Thu Mar 12 10:15:12 EDT 2009

Hi

>The iconv.dll and fribidi.dll should be available to load by the
application by default.
>Does this issue exists only when fribidi is compiled in? I can see a
couple of non-const static variables used by the fribidi library and I
wonder if we should >protect the access to these functions with locks
inside the mapserver code in a multi-threaded  environment.

I have the both DLLs present in PATH/binary folders. Though I see
SUPPORT=FRIBIDI output from map server, but I guess it is going through
iconv. When a specify wrong encoding like 'abc' it throws exception that
the encoding is not supported by iconv, which means it is using iconv.

Forgot to mention this previously. There is no problem loading the map
file (with encoding) in a desktop application on Vista. It hangs when I
load in ASP.Net environment. But same map file loads fine in ASP.Net on
XP machine.

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Murty