[mapserver-users] SDE connection problem from Solaris Mapserver

mapgeek dmail at digitalics.com
Tue Mar 17 20:12:58 EDT 2009

Environment: Mapserver 5.2.1 // Solaris 9 // Apache 2.2.8 // SDE 9.2

I am trying to serve SDE data via WFS requests. It works great on a
development machine running MS4W, but now we're trying to get it working on
our Solaris web server, and the SDE connection is not working there.

To move my map file from Windows to Solaris:
1) Changed paths in CONFIG PROJ_LIB  and CONFIG MS_ERRORFILE
2) Replaced 2 lines of connection info for Windows ("CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN"
and "PLUGIN c:/path/msplugin_sde_92.dll") with one line "CONNECTIONTYPE
SDE".

In the SDE logs, requests from MS4W show the sort of select statement that I
would expect. The Solaris Mapserver requests do add to the SDE logs, but I
don't see anything that looks like a select statement. The error returned
is:
SE_layer_get_info(): Layer not found. (-20)

Question: Am I doing something wrong in my connection info? Perhaps
something to do with our install?

Additional files:
testhazunix.map: map file
mapserver_solaris_errors.txt: Mapserver error log and WFS ServiceException
mapserver_sde_logs.txt: SDE logs showing a successful request from MS4W and
failed Mapserver/Solaris

thanks!

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2494645/testhazunix.map testhazunix.map
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2494645/mapserver_solaris_errors.txt