[mapserver-users] web development project with mapserver- questions

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Thu Mar 19 15:35:20 EDT 2009

Do you really need to create divs?

You could use MapServer to put the marker on the map in the correct
location (as part of the map image) and have MapServer output it as an
imagemap if all that you need is mouse-over text.

http://mapserver.org/output/imagemaps.html

If you want to do anything much fancier with putting vector markers on a
map, you might look at something like OpenLayers.
http://www.openlayers.org/  Probably overkill for what you need, but
worth a look.

David.