[mapserver-users] Mapserver WCS - how to return native pixel resolution data?

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Mar 19 18:04:14 EDT 2009

Are you seeing the issue with both WCS 1.0 and WCS 1.1? I could have
sworn I fixed WCS 1.0 back at the 5.0 but
perhaps the merge of the WCS 1.1 support broke that. There is code in
mapwcs.c to account for the differences in
various pixel models (MapServer, WCS 1.0 and WCS 1.1).

Steve

>>> On 3/19/2009 at 3:59 PM, in message
<9c2015090903191359y4c54cb4dne65f87645d79617 at mail.gmail.com>, Roger
André
<randre at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, 1/2 pixel offset is definitely present. What a pain.
> Any idea when the 5.4 stable release is expected?  I see that a beta
> release is available currently.
> --
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Roger André <randre at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Sure thing.  Here are the OUTPUTFORMAT declarations I have:
>>
>> OUTPUTFORMAT
>>  NAME "GEOTIFF_FLOAT"
>>  DRIVER 'GDAL/GTiff'
>>  MIMETYPE 'image/tiff'
>>  IMAGEMODE FLOAT32
>>  EXTENSION 'tif'
>> END
>>
>> OUTPUTFORMAT
>>  NAME "ASCII_GRID"
>>  DRIVER 'GDAL/AAIGrid'
>>  MIMETYPE 'image/grid'
>>  IMAGEMODE FLOAT32
>>  EXTENSION 'asc'
>> END
>>
>> I'll have to check my output data more closely to see if the 1/2
pixel
>> offset exists.  I've only looked at it in a cursory way so far.
The

<greenkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
RESY

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/mapfiles/netCDF/netcdf.map

BBOX

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/mapfiles/netCDF/netcdf.map

>>> Hi Roger:
>>>
>>> Glad to know that you got the problem solved. Do you mind sharing
your
>>> OUTPUTFORMAT configurations in your mapfile if you have them
>>> configured, particularly for the ASCII grid format.
>>>
>>> Also, are you using a mapserver release older than any of the 5.4
>>> betas? I am using 5.2.1 and I see the result of the GetCoverage
>>> request being offset by a half pixel (the pixel size of my data).
Bug