[mapserver-users] Installation Problems

Praveen Kumar Koppula Z1568080 at students.niu.edu
Wed Mar 25 14:19:37 EDT 2009

Hello,
I am having problem installing mapserver which is as follows.
I have already installed png,freetype and pthreads libraries.
configuration with libpng,zlib and freetype was successfull.
when i am trying to configure GD the error occured which is listed below for your reference.
** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.35:

   Support for PNG library:          yes
   Support for JPEG library:         no
   Support for Freetype 2.x library: yes
   Support for Fontconfig library:   no
   Support for Xpm library:          no
   Support for pthreads:             yes

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config/Makefile
config.status: creating config/gdlib-config
config.status: creating test/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

I have also tried installing the rpm library and it says cannot create transaction lock control and also when i am trying to query the installed rpm libraries with rpm -qa, in that list i can find all the required libraries installed.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards
Praveen