[mapserver-users] WMS and transparent

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Mar 25 16:07:42 EDT 2009

This get's close... add OFFSITE 255 255 255 to the layer. (The problem is the border is not all 255 255 255 because JPEG mangles the colors a little)

>>> "Fischer, Brian" <bfischer at houstoneng.com> 03/25/09 9:50 AM >>>
Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping maybe MapServer could consume that
jpeg and set the white color to transparent, then mapserver would output
a PNG that has transparency to the web client.  Does the offsite
parameter do this by chance or is there another trick that could be
used?