[mapserver-users] Mapserver/Windows x64 binaries

adsaero ag at ads.aero
Fri Mar 27 08:26:25 EDT 2009

I'm wondering if anyone could help;  I've been Googled 'till my fingers bled, and I haven't had much success in finding anyone else who has managed to get the Mapserver to run in native x64 mode on an x64 Windows (2008) box.

I saw this post; http://www.mail-archive.com/mapserver-users@lists.umn.edu/msg15162.html

And even downloaded the binaries from there, but I still get errors when trying to run my mapscript app.  First, I was getting "SideBySide" errors:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\inetpub\map\wms3\bin\libpng13d.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Then after checking out some posts, I tried copying some Visual Studio binaries into the app's bin directory.  That produced some different yet less helpful results:
Exception information:
    Exception type: HttpException
    Exception message: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

With no clues as to what the specified module was.

We need to run the Mapserver with x64 native code because code that works with the mapscript (which we need to reside on the same machine) runs in native x64 to take advantage of the larger memory.

Can anyone offer some good pointers or suggestions for getting Mapscript to run in native x64 mode?