[mapserver-users] Using the SQL Server 2008 Plugin with a Geography column

joncoign jncoign at Knology.net
Tue Mar 31 18:35:28 EDT 2009

Has anyone been able to get the SQL Server 2008 plugin to work against a geography column.

I have been using the following DATA Statement

DATA "the_geom FROM Types USING UNIQUE ID USING SRID=4326"

and get the response, "sys.geometry is incompatible with sys.geography" due to the spatial filter being written by the plugin using geometry.

Is there an option to change this? I have been unable to locate any detailed documetation on SQL Server 2008 plugin so if this exists that might help.