[mapserver-users] WFS Layer running OGR Query Multiple times perrequest

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Tue Mar 31 21:14:02 EDT 2009

Sounds like quite an impediment. Any idea when v6.0 is likely to be released?

Robert

>>> Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> 1/04/2009 2:07 p.m. >>>
joncoign wrote:
> I have a WFS layer that is querying the database via an OGR ODBC connection
> once per point included in the result set plus one additional query. I was
> under the impression that this should only execute once. Am I
> misunderstanding or do I have something misconfigured? Map file and SQL
> Profiler output below.

Jon,

Your profiling is correct.  The MapServer query mechanism as it exists in
5.4 (and since the beginning of time) results in many small queries against
OGR, and other database backends. It is for exactly this reason that Steve
is re-engineering the query mechanism for 6.0 to do "single pass query".

The situation should improve substantially in 6.0.

I would note this problem with many small queries applies only to the
query mechanism, not map drawing which just does one query per layer draw.

Best regards,

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.