[mapserver-users] MapServer 5.4 WMS Server VERSION=1.3.0 Problem

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon May 4 20:31:57 EDT 2009

G'day Assefa,

On 05/05/2009, at 12:16 AM, Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:

> Do you have the full URL that is received by the server?

No... I'm not sure how to get this(?) - I thought it might be shown if
I set the debug levels high enough, but so far no luck!

> MapServer WMS 1.3.0 supports the following EXCEPTIONS : XML,
> INIMAGE, or BLANK.
> Is might be  possible to add  EXCEPTIONS: "XML" (or INIMAGE, or
> BLANK)   when building your OL wms 1.3.0 layer?

using either :

new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( 'Countries',
	'http://trade.murdoch.local/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/Users/19022662/Sites/marketprices/mapserver/layers/ol_countries_wms.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&EXCEPTIONS=INIMAGE&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326&'
,
                 {layers: 'countries'} );

or

new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( 'Tail Tag Areas',
	'http://trade.murdoch.local/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/Users/19022662/Sites/marketprices/mapserver/layers/ol_countries_wms.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326'
,
               {layers: 'tailtagareas', transparent: 'true', version:
'1.3.0', exceptions: 'xml'}         );

gives no error, but neither do I receive any images any more.

using the url (such as in the first example) works fine in QGIS, so
I'm guessing the web serving 'can' work... very confusing.

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin