[mapserver-users] Silverlight Interface for Mapserver

Pano Voudouris pvoudouris at gaiocorp.com
Tue May 5 03:42:55 EDT 2009

Hi all,
This is just for info in case anyone is interested and working with these
technologies. We have created a silverlight front-end to Mapserver using
mapscript c#. The "map serving" logic is based on the excellent "MapFlash
Viewer Framework demo" done by Paolo Corti
http://www.paolocorti.net/2006/10/26/mapflashviewer-framework and extended
to include more functionality. On the other hand in our case it now focuses
squarely on mapserver.

The app was developed to be run either as a standalone, low-cost "webGIS" or
as embedded 'map in app' in other web pages. (And yes - pages will need to
be of the .NET flavour...)

You can have a play at the demo at: http://193.92.131.105/slmapview

Note though that the actual data is in greek!However assuming you do not
have your browser set to Greek you should be able to see the rest of the app
in English.

Pano