[mapserver-users] problem with mapserver

ahmed soua ahmed.soua at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:49:35 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have installed mapserver under ubuntu,  and it runs successfully (when I
tape ./mapserv -v it deliver :

                             MapServer version 5.0.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG
OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE  )

and i have then copied the mapserv binary file to my web root directory.
the problem when i put this address in my web browser :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapser , *i obtained  a new firefox window that
tell me to download the binray file mapserv :(*
Can you help me please to resolve this problem.
I will be very grateful.

Ahmed
--
Le bonheur est comme l'écho : il vous répond : mais il ne vient pas.