[mapserver-users] Still problems with: AGG: support text symbols specified by their character number (#2398)

Schönhammer, Herbert Schoenhammer.Herbert at Regensburg.de
Wed May 6 01:28:19 EDT 2009

Hi list,

reading the trac and the changelog I think that  the problem described in http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2398 is solved since mapserver version 5.2.0.

But I still observe this problem (exactly this problem !) using mapserver versions 5.2.x and 5.4.0 !
(Source distribution, compiled on SuSE SLES 10; I'm using mapserver as a wms-server, creating png-images)

Which prerequisites must be fulfilled for using this option with agg? (I did not find a hint in mailing-lists, docu, etc.)
Has anybody a tipp for me ?
Are there some dependencies between the used ttf-font and this option ? (So, only ttf- fonts fulfilling certain conditions could be used ?)

Thanks very much for every hint !

regards
Herbert