[mapserver-users] MapServer Error

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Sun May 10 14:27:24 EDT 2009

Hey Gonzalo. Still wrestling with that puppy, huh? We'll get it hammered
into place. :)

> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msLoadMap(): Undefined symbol
> "Hidro.shp-0-0" in class 0, style 0 of layer Hidrografia. in
> /home/orsep/public_html/gis2/incphp/globals.php on line 60

"Undefined symbol" means that you have a keyword in the mapfile that
MapServer doesn't understand. It is always advised that you "quote" all
words and stuff, such as the name of your shapefile:
    Bad:
       DATA filenames.shp
    Good:
       DATA "filenames.shp"

Where I would start debugging: I'd open up the mapfile and look for
"Hidro.shp-0-0" which seems to be in a class somewhere, and post the
layer definition. Then we can check for any obvious mistakes.

All the rest of your errors, probably stem from that one. If your
mapfile is broken, then $m = ms_newMapObj() will return a null, then
later on your're caling $m->draw() and that's a non-object, and so on.
Usually (but not always) the first error is the real one.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security