[mapserver-users] SDE support help

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue May 12 08:18:56 EDT 2009

Medve Zsolt wrote:
> Hy
>
> I wrote a mail some days ago, but i cant find a solution for my
> problems. I read an artice about compileing mapserver on win32 ( i use
> win) but for me its a bit difficult.
>
> i read this:
> http://www.mapserver.org/installation/win32.html
>
> i look at my maperv.exe again ..looks something like on the attachment pic.
>
> the point is that there are no line like "input=SDE"
>
> Can someone help me a little bit more? i never did things like this
> before. idownloaded a ms4w package ,installed it , thats
> all...compilation is more difficult for me right now
> I waiting for your help in privat mails
>
> thank in advance
> Zsolt

Hello,

Yes compiling on Windows is very tricky.

Here are some SDE notes:

- build GDAL with the SDE section commented
- uncomment the SDE section and build the GDAL SDE plugin and the OGR
SDE plugin
- build MapServer normally
- then uncomment the appropriate SDE lines in nmake.opt
- make sure to uncomment SDE_OPT = -DUSE_SDE_PLUGIN
- then build: nmake /f Makefile.vc plugins
- point your SDE vector layer in your mapfile to this MapServer plugin
dll using the PLUGIN parameter
- for raster layers, GDAL is used so make sure that your GDAL SDE plugin
is loaded (test with 'gdalinfo --formats')
- example mapfile layers are included in
/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/ignored-libmap/sde/README-sde.txt in the MS4W 3.0 betas

Yes that is confusing and tricky.

Notes:
- SDE is fully supported in the MS4W 2.3.1 release
- if you need formal support (such as a custom build) please contact me
directly

Have fun.

-jeff

--