[mapserver-users] select one column values from a table

meenu meenu.monu at gmail.com
Tue May 19 05:15:44 EDT 2009

hi friend...thanks for ur response...
let me desribe my requirement in detail...
i have one table n_123 and in that table i have 2 columns PLO_900,PLO_901.

PLO_900   PLO_900
af                  op_1
3f                  op_2
h7                 op_3

i need the result like as follows
af
3f
h7

that means all the values from the first column....the specified code u
mentioned  giving me only one record....can u help me ?

Paolo Corti wrote:

> meenu wrote:
>>
>> dears,in a mapserver website how can i retrve one column details from a
>> table....for eg in my map i have one table called n_123 ...in this table
>> i have one column named "PLO_900"...i need to retrive value like as
>> follows "select PLO_900 from  n_123 "...i did the coding like as
>> follows...but it is giving me the table field names...can anybody help me
>> to solve this issue?
>>
>>        Dim layer As layerObj = Util.MSMap.getLayerByName("n_123 ")
>>         If layer IsNot Nothing Then
>>             layer.open()
>>             For i As Integer = 0 To layer.numitems - 1
>>                 Me.CmbS.Items.Add(layer.getItem(i))
>>             Next
>>             layer.close()
>>

> In c# this code is accessing a feature's values:
>
> String results = "";
> layerObj layer = map.getLayerByName("mylayer");
> layer.open();
> shapeObj shape=layer.getFeature(shapeInd, -1);
> //iterate fields and getting values
> for(int i=0; i<layer.numitems; i++)
> {
>   results += "<BR>" + layer.getItem(i) + "=" + shape.getValue(i);
> }
> layer.close();
>
> let me know if it works for you
> best regards