[mapserver-users] Get the nearest layer with mapscript...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed May 20 09:51:33 EDT 2009

If you're doing point queries MapServer/MapScript can do this for you.
You do a
mapObj.queryByPoint with the MS_SINGLE mode and then the function will
identify
the closest feature (considering TOLERANCEs!) in the top-most ACTIVE
layer.

This site uses this to it's advantage...

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass.html

A query drops through the layers until a match is hit.

Even with other geometry types based on what was described you can
probably do
it pretty easily. You'd use one of the other query methods and then once
the query
is done loop through your layer stack backwards (e.g. starting at the
top) and stop
when you find one with results.

Steve

>>> Paul james <pauljame at gmail.com> 05/20/09 7:56 AM >>>
Thanks Pano...
But It́s not that simple...
What I need is figure out what LAYER was clicked...

Paul