[mapserver-users] Finding Lat-Long from geometric data type of postgre

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Wed May 20 18:50:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I use a combination of server code and Javascript.

I convert the lat long values to a javascript array which is loaded into a
2 dimensional array. This data is then loaded with the map which is quick
if your polygons are not too complicated.

I then have a mouse over ont he map which checks as the mouse moves to see
if is within the polygon. Since I am already creating lat/long values from
the mouse over I just need to do a simple point in polygon check and I am
there.

The other way I have thought is to create a html map using the polygon
values that come back but I haven't done that.

To display the tooltip I use js_graphics (http://www.walterzorn.com/)
library of tools which I find fantastic.

Cheers,

Simon