[mapserver-users] display map on aspx page

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 10:06:36 EDT 2009

meenu wrote:

> hi friend check this link...may helpful for u..
> http://n2.nabble.com/how-can-i-create-mapserver-website-in-VS-2005-%28VB%29-td2516841.html#a2567804

Thanks for your reply.
I am trying to display a map using paolo corti's tutorial for the last 2
days but haven't succeeded so far yet.
The latest error I am getting is that - msLoadMap(): Unable to access file
IT is unable to access the map file. But If I put the map file URL directly
in the browser the map is being displayed. It means that Apache is properly
configured and running.The direct url which displays the map is
http://localhost:8085/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\INDIA\india.map

What should be done so that the application finds the file and displays the
map?

If this happens it will be thru' server side code.
I want to load map and do operations on it using client side javascript. I
don't know how to access the mapserver DLL's through javascript.

Pls help in this regard.