[mapserver-users] FastCGI & PHP MapScript Problem

Keith Moss Keith.Moss at landgate.wa.gov.au
Sun May 24 21:37:45 EDT 2009

Just replying to my own post with the solution/workaround we found.

loadParams() looks for the query string in the CGI enviroment variables and parses them to fill the OWSRequest object. Now, for whatever reason our FastCGI setup didn't have the expected parameters and this was causing the process to die as explained in http://mapserver.org/ogc/mapscript.html#use-in-non-cgi-environments-mod-php-etc.

So we are now just parsing the query string and manually filling the Request object.

__________________________________
Keith Moss
Satellite Remote Sensing Services
Information Access Division