[mapserver-users] oracle projection issue

Holger Porath porath at web.de
Tue May 26 04:17:43 EDT 2009

Hi all,

we want to provide a WFS featuretype for a dataset that is stored in
an oracle locator database. The database table contains a field with
coordinates in UTM32 with the unit millimeter instead of meter. Our
mapfile contains a PROJECTION part with the EPSG code for UTM32
(25832) but this code expects the coordinates in meters. The
featuretype works but if we want to do an bbox based getFeature query,
we have to provide coordinates in millimeter. That's ok for manual
checks but our wfs client -probably like any other wfs client - isn't
able to provide coordinates in millimeter. So any idea of how we can
tell mapserver that the coordinates have millimeter units? Maybe using
mapscript or with an custom PROJECTION part?

We are using the native oracle spatial support (not OGR). We are not
using an SRID. We are not able to recalculate the coordinates in the
database.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Holger