[mapserver-users] Finding the centroid given the feature

Adam Eskreis aeskreis at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:34:44 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if this is what you are doing, but I have done something
similar I think.

When I want to use the centroid geometry of a polygon, what I do is load the
layer into postgis, create a new geometry field called "points_geom" or
something like that, and write a stand alone program to find the centroid of
each feature, adn insert that geometry into the new geometry field.  I
usually use Java since it has a really nice PostGIS object library

Hope this helps

-Adam