[mapserver-users] How do I get WFS vector type (LINE, POINT or POLYGON) from mapserver WFS query?

Peter Willis peterw at borstad.com
Thu May 28 16:27:05 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am using mapserver as a WFS server.

When I query getCapabilities I get he following capabilities:

- GetCapabilities
- DescribeFeatureType
- GetFeature

I also get a list of features.

If I then make 'describeFeatureType' or 'getFeature' requests for
one of the features on the list I get a non verbose description
of the feature, or the GML for the feature.

There doesn't appear to be anything that discloses if the feature
is a POINT, LINE, or POLYGON type feature.

The map file layers are defined properly as POINT, LINE, POLYGON
as the case may be.

Am I querying mapserver correctly?

What am I overlooking in the XML?

Thanks,