[mapserver-users] SUA convert

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 10:25:48 EST 2009

Shapefiles tend to be faster for processing than KML, however, KML gives you the benefit (?) of being able to present your data in Google Earth.  If you're just looking to display the data in Mapserver then I would definitely consider writing shapefiles.

MapScript (Python, Perl, PHP, whatever) has the ability to write shapefiles pretty easily and in Python you can write the DBF file using dbfpy, in perl you can use DBD::Xbase.