[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.2.1 ignores WMS requests for version after 1.1.1

fla83tn at libero.it fla83tn at libero.it
Tue Nov 24 05:30:28 EST 2009

Hi to all,
I've just donwloaded mapserver binaries for windows (http://maptools.
org/dl/ms4w/ms4w-2.3.1-setup.exe).

The output of mapserv -v is:

MapServer
version 5.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF
OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE

SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT

SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER

SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=JPEG

INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I succesfully installed all
the stuff but when I try to get a WMS 1.3.0 getCapabilities response the
Mapservers,
it seems to ignore the version parameter (if it is > 1.1.1).
For
example, if I try to get a 1.3.0 response from the embedded Gmap example you
can observe that
the response is not of type 1.3.0. Just try:

http:
//localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\Program%
20Files\ms4w\apps\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.map&service=wms&version=1.3.0
&request=getCapabilities

What you'll see is that the response will contain
something like:
<WMT_MS_Capabilities version="1.1.1">

Unfortunately this fact
occurs for all maps of mine, also with the simplest one, without any layer! Any

ideas?

Best regards,
Flavio