[mapserver-users] Map from .OSM

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Nov 26 01:19:16 EST 2009

Mapserver cannot read osm directly. That is also because there is no OGR
adapter(yet) for .osm.

If you really don't want to set up postgis:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:OSM_processing

You can browse throug a variety of export/conversion tools. One might
just create the format you need (shp). You can also consider downloading
ready-made shapefiles from the websites:

http://www.cloudmade.com

or

http://www.geofabrik.de

Kind regards,