[mapserver-users] WMS GetFeatureInfo beyond scale

seis4web at web.de seis4web at web.de
Fri Oct 2 11:40:23 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I upgraded my UMN MapServer from version 5.0.2 to 5.4.0. Now I've got the following problem:

For instance I am using a group of layers:

 LAYER
	NAME "A_a"
	GROUP "A"
 LAYER
	NAME "A_b"
	GROUP "A"
 LAYER
	NAME "A_c"
	GROUP "A"
A_a, A_b and A_c are all the same data but represented at different scales. So e.g. at 1:100000 A_a becomes invisible and A_b becomes visible.

But when I do a GetFeatureInfo request on UMN Mapserver in this case for query_layers=A
I get back 3 responses (for A_a, A_b and A_c), but I would hope for only 1 response.

It seem as if this is a well known problem (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/842)

What can I do beside upgrading on version 6.0 as soon as it's available?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks in advance,
Nina