[mapserver-users] How to run mapserv under fastcgi

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 14 08:51:22 EDT 2009

Mr. Bic Phuong wrote:

> DDear MapServer Board Members,
>
> I have just configured MapServer successfull with fast cgi enabled on
> RHEL 5 by following this document:
>
> http://mapserver.org/optimization/fastcgi.html
>
> but I don't know how to run mapserv with fast cgi now? Will you please
> give me a help!
>
> Thanks for your attention,

I can tell you how MapServer for Windows (MS4W) is configured for
FastCGI (see instructions at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL_3.0.html#f-fastcgi).
  MS4W's Apache is configured so that users can call
"/fcgi-bin/mapserv.exe" instead of the usual "/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe",
which triggers the FastCGI module.  You can check MS4W's Apache
httpd.conf for its configuration, if you would like to see it in action.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services