[mapserver-users] Problem with WMS Request through Mapserver

Robert Hicks robhyx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:47:17 EDT 2009

I am making a WMS request from a simple OpenLayers client to Mapserver which
is in turn calling another WMS server. My problem is, is that the call from
MapServer to the secondary WMS server has an extra paramater tacked on:
EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage (I saw this going through Wire
Shark which is a packet sniffer), and when I grab the exact call, strip out
that argument, the image returns fine. Is there a way to specify, in the map
file, that I either do not want this? Note, that the request coming from
OpenLayers does not have this argument (I found this out via Firebug).
Here is a layer out of my map file:

 LAYER
  # name of layer
  #