[mapserver-users] How to set MINSCALEDENOM for map file

Mr. Bic Phuong bicphuongonline at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 04:53:46 EDT 2009

Dear everyone,

I have a webgis using MapServer + OpenLayers+ TileCache. To optimize apearance of map, I use MAXSCALEDENOM but it's not lucky to make it works.

First, I take a look on the scale bar for scale on every levels (for example at level 8 the scale is: 1:6478, at level 10 the scale is 1:1619...)

There is a road layer, I want it visible from level 8 and higher (level 9,10, 11...), so in the map file on the LAYER section I set MAXSCALEDENOM 6478 for the road layer. This will make the layer return empty tile with grey color on the OpenLayers WMS request on all zoom levels.

Just comment the MAXSCALEDENOM out, everything is ok again

So I think I'm missing some things for the mapfile to make MAXSCALEDENOM works, right?

Thanks for your attention, please help me.