[mapserver-users] Is It Possible To Draw The Map Without Reading Joined Tables?

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Thu Sep 24 19:51:02 EDT 2009

We have a map that includes four layers that have OGR joins to database
tables. The joined tables are used only for queries, not for theming or
labeling the layers. When we compare performance of those same layers
without the database joins we discover that maps are drawn in 1/3 - 1/5 of
the time that's required for the joined layers.

Is it possible to force MapServer to draw layers without reading the
joined tables, but still have the tabular data available for queries?

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.