[mapserver-users] Re: Connection between mapserver and postgresql is getting disrupted

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Mon Sep 28 11:58:20 EDT 2009

Suman Chatterjee wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I could open the log file. The following error was written into it.
>

> FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Key=224, addr=025F0000): 487
>

> Is there anything that can be done to solve the problem?
>

> Thanks
>
> Suman

Again, looks like a windows thing.  I've never run pg on windows.  I
think that's a message you'd need to post to the postgres newsgroup and
see what they say.  (I'm already a user on the pg-general group, I'd be
happy to post it if you wanted me to.)

I dont recall, what version of pg is this.  And can you post your
uncommented postgres.conf settings.  (They pg newsgroup will want to see
all this.  You can post it for them there, or post it here and I'll post
it there.)

If you're running an old version of pg on windows, the first thing
they'll do is recommend you upgrade.  Just a warning.

-Andy