[mapserver-users] MapServer dynamic map creation - Is this possible?

Daniel Walton dgwalton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:27:13 EDT 2009

Frank,

Thanks for your very concrete and helpful response! We're creating images
that are chipped from infrared imagery using wildfire perimeter shapes. Thus
each image will be an individual layer. I am aware that 40MB is small
compared to world maps, but I wanted to know what the scalability of
MapServer would be, and if, given that potentially hundreds of server
instances per day may be created, the whole thing might grind to a halt.
What kind of disk, CPU, memory, and bandwidth requirements would you expect
such a service to require (back of the napkin calculation)?

Thanks again,
Dan