[mapserver-users] Help about a project to use MapServer

manuel sosa manso001 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:50:04 EDT 2009

Dear friends,

 It is a pleasure to greet you. I'm new to the world of geospatial
science but I have some knowledge about it. My interest is to clarify some doubts about a project that I have to implement to a
customer.
 The work schedule is as follows: It is required to implement a
web server that has the WFS and WMS capability so users can connect
with a client application (desktop) and allow them to use the mapping
information will be available on that server .
 We have been researching products that we could use and there is a high degree of approval with MapServer, my questions are:

 - Developing a web server with mapserver, is required to design a
server access page for handling maps or we can do it only with the client application?
 - What software recommended to implement the client application?

 - In the second stage we are planning to implement routing
solutions and vehicle tracking, does MapServer have support for these
solutions?

 I hope I can help.

 Thank you very much.