[mapserver-users] record element in query header

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Wed Apr 7 13:13:57 EDT 2010

Jeff, the DATA of this layer is a postgis view and the field is really
[provincename].

If I put [provincename] in the template I got the value, per example
In the Template
[lrn]: [provincename] - [elementname]<br>

The result is:
1: Québec - blabla 1
2: Québec - blabla 2
3: Québec - blabla 3

But I don't want to put it in the template since the same information will
be repeated.
thanks for your help!
Steve

Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
07/04/2010 01:58 PM

mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
cc

Objet
Re: [mapserver-users] record element in query header

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to get the value of a record and put it in the header?
> Here is an example of what I need to do
> There are 3 elements in Quebec
> 1: blabla 1
> 2: blabla 2
> 3: blabla 3
>
> Here is my template definition
> Header
> There are [nlr] elements in [provincename]
>
> Template
> [lrn]: [elementname]<br>
>
> What I get is:
> There are 3 elements in [provincename]
> 1: blabla 1
> 2: blabla 2
> 3: blabla 3
>
> How can I get the [provincename] value in the header?

Steve,

You should be careful of string case.  You should verify the case by
using ogrinfo with the -summary switch to see what the correct name is:

    ogrinfo quebec.shp quebec -summary

The result may be [PROVINCENAME].

-jeff

--