[mapserver-users] multiple tileindex in a layer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 14 13:28:47 EDT 2010

Peisheng Zhao wrote:
> Daniel,
> Thank you for your answer.
> Generally, I use gdaltindex to create a shp file for spatial index. Do
> you mean I need to add a time attribute into this? Could you give me an
> example? Thanks a lot.

That's correct. You need to use a script or some manual method to add
and populate a time attribute in the DBF of the tileindex that was
created with gdaltindex.

I do not have an example, but you can read more about this approach here:

It may be easier to fill in the time attributes if you use a PostGIS
table instead of a shapefile as the tileindex. There is an example of
the corresponding layer definitions here:

Daniel Morissette