[mapserver-users] multiple tileindex in a layer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 14 13:28:47 EDT 2010

Peisheng Zhao wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Generally, I use gdaltindex to create a shp file for spatial index. Do
> you mean I need to add a time attribute into this? Could you give me an
> example? Thanks a lot.

That's correct. You need to use a script or some manual method to add
and populate a time attribute in the DBF of the tileindex that was
created with gdaltindex.

I do not have an example, but you can read more about this approach here:
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html#spatio-temporal-indexes

It may be easier to fill in the time attributes if you use a PostGIS
table instead of a shapefile as the tileindex. There is an example of
the corresponding layer definitions here:
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_time.html#example-of-wms-t-with-postgis-tile-index-for-raster-imagery

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette